Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Avocado Strawberry and Spinach Salad with a Poppyseed Vinaigrette

Avocado Strawberry and Spinach Salad
This is one of my favorite go to salads for summer.  It is perfect right now because the strawberries and spinach are in season.  I gave it the 'spa treatment' and added some organic edible flowers from my garden.  Hey, if you can make it pretty why not?  

Salad Ingredients:
6 cups of fresh baby spinach
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 avocado, diced
1 tablespoon orange zest 
poppyseed dressing

Poppyseed Dressing Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2  tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon poppyseeds
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients together for the salad with desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.
For dressing: Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
You can add anything to this salad you enjoy, like nuts, cheese, etc.  
Recipe adapted from: Gimme Some Oven

Enjoy!

Sherry

I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Weekend Retreat Linky Party at AKA Design and Life
Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen  

7 comments:

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Oh, this strawberry spinach salad looks yummy! I made a strawberry salad tonight too, but didn't think about adding avocado to it! I bet the orange zest on top adds some nice flavor too. I never know how I feel about eating pretty flowers, since they are, well, pretty. But I don't mind eating ugly flowers, like cauliflower :-p I will try this recipe later!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This looks delicious! That dressing sounds amazing!! ;)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

All my favorite ingredients in this! I love the edible flowers you added--so elegant and beautiful!

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello sweet lady! I’m just stopping by to let you know that your strawberry salad will be one of our features tonight at our party. Woo Hoo! I hope to see you there at 7! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

Marla said...

This strawberry salad looks so delicious and colorful. I love all the vinaigrette dressing. Twitted Visiting from Lou Lou girls blog hop,

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I make a salad similar to this and we love it. I know I would love this one as well! Pinning. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann